What happens with your data when you download any applications?
Do you know, research shows that application downloads is increased from 2016. The total number of mobile app downloads in 2017 is 197 billion.
Most popular application downloaded by users are Facebook, YouTube, Messenger, Instagram & Snap chat.
What they do with your data?
- Can upload your contact lists
- Access your location
- Access your email id
- Can sell/ store your sensitive information without your command
- Be cautious/aware while downloading any app which asks you to give your unnecessary information.
1. YOUR SENSITIVE INFORMATION
- When you download any app from Apple Store/Google Store, app ask your permission to collect your all primary data from your device
- They force users to download an App by submitting all their phone data
2. DATA CAN BE USED FOR
- Your Data Can Be Used To Upload Your Contact Lists
- It Can Be Used To Access Your Pictures,Videos etc
- Can Be Used To Access Your Location & Email Id
- Can Be Used To Sell/Store Your Sensitive Information Without Your Command
3. BE AWARE
- Always Check Before You Download Any App
- Do Research About The Company Whose App You Are Downloading
- If You Find Any Malware/Unnecessary Privacy Policies While downloading, You Can Complaints Against That Company
4. DON’T BUY APP
- Don’t Buy Apps Who Asks For More Information or Data Which You Find Unnecessary
- You can ask the developer about the privacy policies via Emailing to them
5. DOWNLOAD FROM AUTHORIZED
- User Should Download Wisely From Its Authorized App Store
- Do Enough Web Research Before You Download Any New App From Play Store
So, final thought is to stick with the Reputed App Stores. Avoid downloading applications from your phone’s app store. The APK you downloads from third party websites, they are also not safe for your device. Don’t provide all your phone information like contact lists & other information as many applications make money by selling users information to different advertisers. This is the huge market tactics of advertisers.
You can install paid security in your device to avoid malware attacks. Be aware while using public Network / WiFi. As any hacker can hack your device & steal any data from your device.