Government’s New Rule – Link your Aadhaar Card with PAN Card Before 1st JulyGovernment have recently declared to make Aadhar Card Link with PAN card before 1st July 2017. According to Arun Jaitley’s Proposal in the Finance Bill for 2017-18 Aadhar card for filing income tax returns which should be linked with PAN to check tax evasion through use of multiple PAN cards. According to government rule Aadhaar is mandatory while applying for PAN. Every person who has been allotted PAN as on July 1, 2017, and who in accordance with the provisions of sub-section (2) of section 139AA is required to intimate his Aadhaar number to the principal director general of income tax (systems) or DGIT (systems) says Revenue Department.
What if your income is below the tax limit?
How to link Aadhaar Card with PAN?
- Go to site – https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/e-Filing/Services/LinkAadhaarHome.html
- Click on “Link Aadhaar New” on Left side below Services
- Enter your PAN Number, Aadhaar Card Number & Aadhaar Card Name
- Click on Checkbox if you have only Birth Year in your Aadhaar Card
- Enter the Code from Image
- You can also Request for OTP, after selecting OTP submit your Phone Number & Get OTP
- Select on Link Aadhaar button
- You will get a message “Your Aadhaar-Pan Linking is successful”